Keeping Cockington Green Gardens Coronavirus-COVID 19 Safe
Cockington Green Gardens is committed to supporting governments and health authorities in restricting the spread of Coronavirus-COVID 19. This commitment extends to ensuring the health, safety and well being of all visitors and our staff.
New government directives and regulations informed by expert medical advice are designed to restrict the spread of Coronavirus-COVID 19. The following information is provided to inform of steps taken and procedures implemented by Cockington Green Gardens to deliver an attraction that is COVID safe.
Our commitment to provide a COVID safe environment needs the cooperation of all visitors and staff and we thank everyone in advance for their support.
- You should not visit if you or anyone in your household have any symptoms of COVID 19 (such as
fever or new and/or regular coughs) for which we strongly encourage testing for if not already done
- If you feel unwell during your visit, immediately locate and inform a staff member who will arrange for you to receive support and/or advice from the Cockington Green Gardens COVID19 Contact Officer
- Signing in to Cockington Green Gardens with the Check-in CBR App is now only optional for visitors and staff with effect from 11.59pm, 11 February 2022.
- Vaccination is not a pre-requisite for visiting Cockington Green Gardens in line with ACT Government non-mandatory vaccination policy.
- Wearing masks in the ACT is now only mandatory in high-impact settings. Masks are not be required to be worn at Cockington Green Gardens.
- Daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules have been implemented and are subject to ongoing review to meet our Quality Tourism Framework COVID19 Business Cleaning Policy and Procedures
- Extensive cleaning is undertaken each day prior to opening and scheduled cleaning and checking of facilities is undertaken throughout each business day to meet above requirements
Arriving at Cockington Green Gardens:
- It is no longer mandatory for visitors to check-in using the ACT Government Check-In CBR App although QR codes are still available for visitors who wish to voluntarily check-in to keep track of their movements
- You will no longer be required to demonstrate that you have checked-in using the Check-In CBR App
- Designated entry areas will be open as directed
- Designated social distancing queuing points established
- Keeping Visitors COVID Safe leaflet provided to all guests
In the Display:
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing
- Walking only in the display (no running)
- Cover face appropriately when coughing or sneezing
- No spitting anywhere in the attraction
- Placement of hand-sanitisation stations throughout the display and in retail areas
- Directional arrows and information signage to assist traffic flow and remind about social distancing requirements and responsibilities
- Contactless retail transactions
- Control of visitor numbers in the attraction at any one time (subject to ACT Health/ACT Government directives and/or advice)
- Capacity limits have been removed for all areas of Cockington Green Gardens’ operations although for the comfort of all other guests and staff, cooperation is still required in maintaining appropriate physical distancing.
- Report any breaches or suspected breaches of safety protocols to Cockington Green Gardens staff
- All staff briefed on assisting and supporting visitors in observing social distancing and hygiene safety