What we collect
Cockington Green Gardens may collect personal information such as name, address, contact details and demographic information such as a post code. Personal information is collected from the individual concerned although, in some cases, we may receive such information from third parties (e.g. industry partners).
What we do with the information gathered
Cockington Green Gardens maintains a database with contact details of individuals who regularly engage with the Gardens or who wish to receive information about particular activities. These include the general public, Cockington Green Multi Pass holders, or people with a business related interest (e.g. School teachers).
- Multi-pass holders — A multi-pass holder’s name and contact details will be collected, along with date of birth information relating to minors provided by their parent or guardian.
- Booking information — Bookings for school visits and social groups are taken regularly, however minimal personal information is collected. For example, a nominated point of contact will be requested. This information is collected to ensure that the visit is co-ordinated properly and is not used for any other purpose.
- Visitors — Visitors using Cockington Green Garden’s property, such as a motorised scooter, are asked to leave their contact details to ensure that items are returned. These forms are then disposed of immediately provided the items are returned undamaged. Cockington Green provides complaint and feedback forms in order to improve its services. The information collected includes contact details, however the information will only be used by Cockington Green to deal with the individual’s enquiry or comment.
Personnel and administrative records
Cockington Green Gardens collects personal information about its employees. The purpose of collecting this information is to administer matters relating to a person’s employment.
- Employees — Employee records include personal details such as addresses, next of kin, bank account details, tax file number, salary records, employment history, discipline and performance management, medical checks and leave records.
- Supplier Information — Some supplier information is collected such as area supplier representatives, IT consultants/advisors and suppliers of products for the Rose Room Gift Shop. This personal information is collected and used for the purposes of managing the relationship with our suppliers.
- Job Applications — We will collect the information you have provided in an application for employment, including covering letter, resume, contact details and referee reports. Most resumes are stored on a computer for a period of time after which it will be destroyed.
Cockington Green has a website and uses social networking sites such as, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Trip Advisor.
The website provides an online contact form requiring users to provide certain information by which you could be identified.
Personal information collected online
The information we collect is your name and contact information including email address for the sole purpose of facilitating your comment/enquiry. No information is passed on or shared with any other person or organisation. Only authorised employees will have access to this information. If you choose not to provide the information then it may not be possible to answer your comment/query.
Computer tracking and cookies
Our web site is not set up to track, collect or distribute any personal information not entered by visitors. Our site logs do generate some non-identifying site usage data such as number of visitors and browser used. This information is for internal purposes and sometimes used for statistical analysis, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such data.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest, however, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Cockington Green Gardens is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites.
Sensitive information is generally managed to a higher level of privacy protection given the nature of the personal information provided. For example employees may formallybe identified as a person with ethnic decent or having a disability. Health information may be collected where there is a worker compensation matter affecting an employee.
For some employees, a ‘working with vulnerable persons’ check is required which may identify a person’s criminal record, however the information is stored securely in the general office.
Where Cockington Green collects personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of our collection principles at or before the time of collection, or as soon as practicable afterwards. This will either be written or verbal. Please refer to individual forms.
Unsolicited information is personal information that we have taken no active steps to collect, for example, an employment application, donation requests and general enquires sent to us by an individual on their own initiative. We may retain the record only if it is deemed necessary, otherwise it will be destroyed as soon as practicable.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Cockington Green will not disclose personal information to any third party unless the individual concerned has given their permission, or the disclosure is permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles. Exceptions would include health, safety and prevention of a serious threat to a person’s life, or for law enforcement purposes.
We may on occasions send you marketing emails or renewal subscription information. If you have received an email from us it is because you are a subscriber. You may unsubscribe at any time by email, post or telephone.
Security of data is maintained in a number of ways and protected against unauthorised access, alternation and deletion.
Any data submitted through the Cockington Green website is transferred to us via Voodoo creative and is kept in databases that cannot be accessed from outside our firewall.
Access to our Information Technology systems is only granted to authorised personnel.
Hard copies of personal information are secured in lockable cabinets within a lockable/alarmed office and only accessed by staff who need the information to perform a particular task. Paper files may also be archived in boxes and stored in a lockable storage room.
Privacy complaints or concerns
If you have any concerns or wish to make a complaint regarding the handling of your personal information by us, please contact us via the medium below. We will investigate your complaint and notify you of the outcome accordingly.
What information do we hold and what if it is incorrect?
Contact: Cockington Green Gardens, 11 Gold Creek Rd, NICHOLLS, ACT, 2913
Telephone: 02 6230 2273
Collection Notice of personal information
All information provided on our forms will be treated in the following manner:
- Any details you provide us on the forms containing personal information, for example, your name, address or information provide on a resume, may be accessed by a member of staff at Cockington Green Gardens.
- This information will be stored at Cockington Green for a period of time, after which it will be deleted/destroyed.
- If you believe that any personal information held by us is incomplete or inaccurate, you have the right to notify us and make any updates or corrections in line with the provisions of the Privacy legislation.
- We not disclose this information to a third party without your consent.
- Where you have provided us with the name and contact details of a third party (i.e referee) you should inform that person that you have done so and the reason for it.